- Group Home
- What we do
- IR35 hub
- Workforce solutions
- Employer branding
- Gattaca Projects
- Start Hiring
- Why work at Gattaca?
- Our offices & team
- Working in recruitment
- Working in Group Support
- Associate Network
- Browse jobs
- News & insights
- About us
- Regulatory news
- Results centre
- Shareholder information
- Insights & resources
- Attract, engage and retain talent
- Control workforce cost and risk
- Optimise workforce strategies
- Workforce events & resources
- Building STEM futures
- Workforce insights
- Client portal
Privacy & Cookies Statement (U.S. and Canada)
Effective: October 2019
This Statement describes how we collect, use, share, and secure personal information we collect through the websites that link to this Statement (the “Websites”) from and about clients, candidates, and contractors in the United States and Canada to provide services to or concerning them (together with the Websites, the “Service”). As used in this Statement, “personal information” means information relating to, or is about, an identified or identifiable natural person.
Who are we?
Networkers Inc. and Networkers International (Canada) Inc. are part of a group of affiliated companies located around the world in the Gattaca PLC group (together, “Gattaca,” “we,” and “us”). The group of companies that make up Gattaca are collecting any personal information received from and about you through the Website.
What personal information will we collect from you?
We may collect, store and process the following categories of personal information concerning you:
1. Personal information you submit to us or that we may collect from third parties
You may provide us with personal information by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in-person, or otherwise when we provide the Service to you. This includes information you provide when you register to use any of our Websites, subscribe to use the Service, submit your resume/CV to us and when you report a problem with the Websites.
Here are some examples of the type of personal information you may submit to us or our vendors or that we may collect from third parties (such as in connection with job placement, performing employment-related activities, and performing a background check that you have authorized us to obtain):
- Identifiers (such as your name, contact information, social security/insurance number, national insurance number, and name and contact information of beneficiaries, emergency contacts, and references)
- Demographic information (such as your date of birth and gender)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable law (such as race, copies of citizenship and right to work information, and veteran status)
- Financial information (such as bank account information, payroll records, and tax status information)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as information about your use of the Websites)
- Geolocation information (location information generated electronically)
- Professional and employment-related information (such as company, title, resume/CV, compensation and performance review information, and background check results)
- Education information (such as academic transcripts and confirmations of attendance at an educational institution)
- Information related to your interest in Gattaca, its services, and your connections with other organizations
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above
We receive information generated or received through your communications with us by email or other methods. For example, we may receive your name, email address, address, telephone number, job position, and the message you send us. We process this information to respond to you and otherwise in the course of our normal business operations.
If you post information on our pages on social media, we collect that information as well as associated details such as your social media username. We may use the information to respond and otherwise in the course of our normal business operations. Note that the third-party operators of social media websites also receive such information, and their use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy policies.
2. Information automatically collected
We may process this information to determine how many users have visited particular webpages, viewed particular content, or opened messages or alerts, and we may also use such information to improve the performance of the Websites and the Service and to prevent fraud. In some cases, our third-party partners may process information collected by such cookies. With respect to any social media pages that we may use, please see the privacy policies and any cookie policies of the applicable social media providers as to their automated data collection practices.
We may allow third parties to serve cookies to help identify fraudulent or automated traffic on the Websites. We may use third party cookies to help us with market research, improving Website functionality, and enforcing Website terms and policies. For example, as indicated above, we, like many other website operators, currently use Google Analytics to collect and process certain Website usage data. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
To opt out of personalized ads from Google, see: https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Our third-party partners may collect and combine information collected on the Websites with other information about your online activities over time, on other devices, and on other websites or apps, if those websites and apps use or share data with the same partners. You may be able to change a web browser’s settings to block and delete cookies when you access the Websites through that web browser. However, if you do that, the Websites may not work properly; also, we will still receive basic information (such as last URL visited) when you navigate to the Websites. Note that the Websites do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Websites.
3. Personal information we receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners; sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services; advisors; advertising networks; analytics providers; search information providers; and consumer reporting agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We obtain information from consumer reporting agencies only with your permission.
We use professional and job-related services (such as LinkedIn, job boards, and publicly available sources) to obtain personal information for recruitment purposes. We may receive personal information about you from current and former employers, educational institution administrators, and colleagues. We may also receive information about you by word-of-mouth, for example by a recommendation from another person.
How will we use your personal information?
We collect and use personal information through the Service for the following internal business and commercial purposes:
- to assist in determining your suitability for the particular position and, if applicable, in determining terms of employment or engagement;
- in management analysis and reporting used to monitor recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies;
- to provide you with information about other services and opportunities we offer that are similar to those about which you have already inquired;
- to communicate with you about the Service, including about industry and sector-specific information that might be of interest to you;
- in connection with any legal disputes involving you, or other employees, workers, contractors or clients;
- to provide and improve the Service and notify you about changes to our Service;
- to pay you and, if you are an employee or deemed employee for tax purposes, deduct tax and benefits costs;
- to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or browser;
- to facilitate your participation in interactive features of the Service, when you choose to do so;
- to personalize the content displayed on the Websites in order to present you with more relevant jobs and content based on your interests;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Websites and Service safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Websites about services that may interest you or them;
- to set up an online profile for you on third-party websites provided by service providers (e.g., our payroll processor, which is currently ADP) or the Websites; and
- as required by law or for the purposes of our business requirements;
How will we share or disclose your personal information?
We may share personal information within the Gattaca group of companies. This is to enable us to provide you with the best service possible, and to benefit from the specialist knowledge and experience of our relevant brands.
In addition, we may share personal information for the commercial and business purposes listed above with vendors, service providers, and partners, as follows (all only to the extent permissible by applicable law):
- our consultants in connection with the recruitment process, unless you request otherwise;
- prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process (which for these purposes includes the process of gaining employment and any ongoing administrative process involved);
- third parties such as educational institutions, present and past employers, our employees and directors, or credit reference agencies, and insurance companies for the provision of health benefits;
- background, identity verification, and credit check service providers for the purposes of ensuring the validity of right to work documents and identification information;
- job boards and payroll service providers;
- analytics and search engine providers, some of which may be overseas, that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Websites and with the verification of advertising placements;
- our successor or potential successor or new owner or financer, in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, in connection with which your personal information may be shared under an obligation of confidentiality in connection with the evaluation or negotiation of such transaction, and your personal information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction; and
- to third parties as to which we reasonably believe such sharing is required or appropriate to: comply with legal requirements and law enforcement requests (such as a court order or subpoena); comply with legal process (such as discovery); or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How do we secure personal information?
We strive to process your information securely, in accordance with this Statement, and in accordance with information security requirements imposed by applicable law. We cannot, however, be responsible for Internet communications, which are inherently not completely secure.
If you suspect any unauthorized access to or misuse or loss of your personal information, please contact us immediately using our contact details within the 'How can you contact us?' section lower down on this web page.
International data transfers
You understand that we may transfer your personal information to the United Kingdom, elsewhere in Europe, and other locations outside of the US and Canada, to the extent permissible under applicable law and as such, your personal information may be subject to privacy laws in other jurisdictions. By providing your information and through your use of the Websites, and to the extent permissible under applicable law, you consent to such international data transfers and processing in accordance with this Statement and applicable law.
Update your information or post a question or suggestion
If you have questions about this Statement, or if you would like to request that we update or correct any information that you have provided to us, please send an email to US&CAData@GattacaPlc.com.
Changes to this Statement
We may make changes to this Statement from time to time, and the revised version will be effective when it is posted and will apply to personal information received after that date. If we make any material changes, we will provide notice of such changes on the pertinent Websites for a reasonable period of time. We encourage you to review this Statement periodically, especially if you don’t visit the Websites regularly.
Links to other websites
The Websites may contain links to third-party websites. This Statement does not apply to the practices of such other websites, and we are not responsible for the actions and privacy policies of the third parties that operate or interact with those websites.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share any such password with anyone.
Privacy Rights Where You Live
You may have certain legal privacy rights where you live, and we will comply with restrictions and requests as required by applicable law.
If you are a California resident, we do not “sell” your personal information (as defined by California Civil Code §1798.83) that we collect on the Websites with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
How will we contact you?
We may contact you by phone or email.
You can update your contact preferences for Gattaca group companies excluding Resourcing Solutions here.
To update your contact preferences for Resourcing Solutions click here.
Any changes to your preferences will be updated within one month of your request.
How can you contact us?
To contact us with any queries about this Statement or our privacy practices, you can contact us in the following ways: