- About us
- What we do
- Workforce solutions
- Employer branding
- Gattaca Projects
- IR35 hub
- Start Hiring
- Results centre
- Regulatory news
- Shareholder information
- Attract, engage and retain talent
- Control workforce cost and risk
- Optimise workforce strategies
- Workforce events & resources
- Building STEM futures
- Workforce insights
- Client portal
Bid Writer (Entry Level)
Do you enjoy writing, have a good attention to detail and want to get into a profession and career that is rewarding, highly valued, challenging and creative? This could be the perfect role for you!
Gattaca is a leading, global STEM talent specialist, delivering recruitment solutions and services across the engineering and technology space. Our vision is to be the 'STEM talent partner of choice', every day delivering a service that is so trusted that our clients, candidates, colleagues, and suppliers recommend us without hesitation.
We're a values-driven company, led by a CEO who joined us as junior recruiter. Our values are the backbone of everything we do: Trust, Professionalism, Ambition, and FUN.
Gattaca is dedicated to helping our people to realise their full potential. We understand the value a diverse workforce brings to every workplace and in everything we do, we are committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We do our best to make our role requirements as inclusive as possible and we welcome applications from all backgrounds and encourage you to consider a career with Gattaca if you feel like you might be the right fit!
Bid Writer (Graduate entry-level)
We're looking for a (trainee) Bid Writer to join our team supporting sales proposal writing and client presentations across our business.
Not even sure what 'Bids' are? That's fine! We have a proven track record training up anyone with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a passion for creative writing to understand our business, analyse our clients' drivers and think strategically to develop winning sales proposals.
What's the role like?
Working in a supportive team, you'll be responsible for writing persuasive content for competitive tenders, proposals, quotations and presentations. Working closely with other teams within the business, you'll create accurate and compelling content to convince clients we're the right partner for them.
Your role will include:
Project management: Working with Bid Managers on multiple proposals, supplier questionnaires and internal projects, you'll learn to plan and write content using best-in-class project management techniques to meet client deadlines.
People management: Each day is different! You'll get the chance to work on multiple projects with varying teams to gather information and write compelling content. You'll quickly learn the 'ins' and 'outs' of our business and you'll be responsible for getting the best out of those you work with, managing their input and communicating timelines to build the best bid within the time given.
Content creation: Learn best-practice persuasive writing and visual presentation skills through experienced mentors who are always exploring creative ways to present ourselves to our clients! You'll manage & coordinate our editorial process, including proofreading and quality checking our material. You'll support team processes, keeping our content up to date and helping drive creativity and innovation!
Business understanding: You'll build a strong understanding of sales, business processes, client drivers, commercials & negotiations, joining a team known as a 'knowledge hub' of how our business works and what 'good' looks like!
What we're looking for:
- Degree qualified, or equivalent years in relevant industry roles.
- Experience in a business environment preferable but not essential.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading ability, including ability to write persuasively and able to focus on writing for long periods of time.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passionate to learn and committed to ongoing development.
- Great Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Good communication and relationship-building skills.
- An interest in how businesses work and what drives buyer behaviours.
- The ability to thrive in a pressurised and deadline-driven environment, with the right support.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Highly-motivated and committed individual, with a proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use your own initiative, problem solve and work to get the best outcome.
- A passion to be creative and innovate!
What we offer:
- Excellent Growth and Development Opportunities
- Apprenticeship opportunities, specifically relating to CIPD qualifications.
- Flexibility with working from home opportunities.
- Competitive basic salary
- Free onsite parking
- Incentives including, buy/sell holiday, 23 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, recognition for our highest performers and lots of incentives and staff events to get involved in.
Think you could be a great fit? Upload your CV and a member of our Talent Hub will be in touch and arrange a phone call to discuss your options and answer any questions you might have.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.